Yoga and Ayurveda Resume
- Ayurvedic Health Practitioner, Ayurvedic Heath Educator. California College of Ayurveda. Grass Valley, CA. Graduated June 2009. 1500 hours of curriculum including disease management, diagnostics, Pancha Karma theory, diet and lifestyle counseling, and six month internship.
- Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy. California College of Ayurveda, Sivananda Yoga Camp, Val Morin, Quebec. August 2009. Assisted teaching of, and received certification for Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy ~ the application of Ayurvedic principles to yoga (asana/pranayama/etc.) for health and healing.
- Ayurvedic Vegetarian Cooking. Sivananda Yoga Farm, Grass Valley, CA. January 2008.
- Yoga Siromani. Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center – Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas. February 1999. Four-week intensive included daily study of Yoga Asanas, Pranayama, Kriyas, Hatha Yoga Theory, How to Teach, Yoga Philosophy and Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Yogic Diet and Nutrition, Meditation, Kirtan, Bhagavad Gita.
- Ayurvedic Health Practitioner/Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, California College of Ayurveda’s Mind – Body Health Center, Grass Valley, CA. April 2009 – April 2010. Worked with patients on a recurring basis (weekly/biweekly) via Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle counseling including cooking, asana, meditation, pranayama, dinacharya, and aroma, sound, yoga, body, and herbal therapies.
- Herbal Product Production. Herblore, Nevada City, CA. November 2008 – present. Knowledge of all aspects of small, organic, herbal products company with worldwide recognition. Tincture, capsule, bulk tea, and salve production; processing orders; invoicing; shipping.
- California College of Ayurveda. Grass Valley, CA. 2009. Taught all-level and beginner classes at the college.
- Kalani Honua Oceanside Yoga Retreat. Big Island, Hawaii. 2006-2007. Led all-levels Sivananda Series-inspired yoga classes for guests and residents of Kalani Honua. Also led Kundalini, Vinyasa,
- City of Brighton. Brighton, Colorado. October 2004 – August 2005. “Gentle Yoga Stretch”. Two early-morning, gentle, Sivananda Series-inspired yoga classes per week.
- Sunflower Yoga. Michael Ray Performing Arts Center, Brighton, Colorado. October 2003 – October 2004. Created ‘Sunflower Yoga’ and managed all aspects of running a studio. Led six all-levels yoga classes per week, including “Up with the Sun” (emphasized Surya Namaskara, pranayama, and an awakening Sivananda Series), “Lunch Stretch” (specifically designed to attend to needs of people working on computers), “Evening Escape” (a quieting, deep-stretch Sivananda Series class).
- City of Fort Collins. Fort Collins, Colorado. October 1999 – October 2000. Four-week “Introduction to Yoga” sessions. Session began anew each month for beginning yoga students; however, classes were heavily attended by repeat intermediate and advanced students deepening their practice. Sivananda Series asana, pranayama, basic yoga philosophy.
- Pine Street Studio. Fort Collins, Colorado. March – October 1999. Two all-levels yoga classes per week in shared studio space. Responsible for coordinating schedules, collecting fees, and instruction. Sivananda Series asana, pranayama, yoga philosophy.
Environmental Planning Resume
MS Environmental Studies, 1998. University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
- Thesis: On the Edge of Wilderness: A Review of Wildlife, Recreation, and Motorized Access on the Western Rim of Hells Canyon (NEPA analysis).
- Advocacy-based curriculum integrating the natural sciences and social sciences to find collaborative solutions to environmental problems and promote positive social change and sustainable communities.
BS Landscape Architecture, 1985. The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- Emphasis on design theory and land-use planning within a civil engineering framework.
- Extensive horticulture and plant-science background
Program Associate. Center for Native Ecosystems. Denver, Colorado. March 2005–July 2006
- Organization dedicated to conserving and recovering the native species and ecosystems of the U.S. Intermountain West (Endangered Species Act)
- Assisted Executive Director with development/fundraising tasks including foundation research, grant preparation, major donor contacts.
- Managed Membership program including renewals, recruitments, appeals, newsletters, action alerts, field trips, and volunteers.
- Provided Southern Rockies Conservation Alliance with NEPA monitoring related to sensitive species, Areas of Critical Environmental Concern, and Citizen Proposed Wilderness.
Environmental Planner/Technical Writer. EDAW, Inc. Denver, Colorado. March 2002–October 2004
- Conducted research for and wrote the Visitor Use, Visitor Experience, and Visitor Conflicts and Safety sections for five Environmental Assessments under contract with the National Park Service (NEPA Analysis).
- Planned, coordinated, and conducted internal (National Park Service) and public scoping meetings.
- Managed the Public Comment and Response team, process, and database that tracked over 10,000 public comment letters for the NPS Lake Mead Lake Management Plan.
- Environmental Planner, technical writer for urban renewal/planning projects in Henderson NV, Lake George, TX, Lee’s Summit, MO.
Membership Coordinator. Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory. Brighton, Colorado. September 2000–March 2002, September 2005–September 2007
- Managed all aspects (content planning, graphic design, layout, printing, bulk mailing) of newsletter, annual report, and brochure production.
- Coordinated all communications with members; maintained membership and contacts databases; wrote and secured program grants; maintained budget and schedules; coordinated appeal letters.
- Planned and coordinated all aspects of public meetings and outreach events.
Database Manager/Technical Editor. Playa Lakes Joint Venture. Lafayette, Colorado. October 2004–March 2005, July–December 2006
- Assisted with development of PLJV’s Implementation Plan via a database that tracks contributions of native habitats to populations of native birds in the Playa Lakes Region.
- Assisted with development of and managed Project Tracking Database, tracking over 400 habitat, research, education, and outreach projects funded by the PLJV since 1987.
- Document development; technical writing, formatting, and editing.
Technology Transfer Specialist. Intecs International. Fort Collins, Colorado. August 1999–September 2000
- Responsibilities included: writing/editing/formatting technical reports; production of quarterly newsletter; brochure design; website management; publications database management.
Non-profit Volunteer Work
- Sinapu. Boulder, Colorado. 1998–2000. Contributing writer to Wolf Tracks newsletter.
- Larimer Land Trust. Fort Collins, Colorado. 1998–2001. Conservation easement planning, general office support.
- Hells Canyon Preservation Council. Joseph, Oregon. 1997–1998. Research and writing for the citizen-proposed Native Ecosystems Alternative to the 1999 Wallowa-Whitman National Forest Management Plan.
- Routt County Landscaping. Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 1988–1989. Commercial and residential design.
- U.S. Forest Service. Olallie Lake Scenic Area, Mount Hood National Forest, Oregon. 1983. Park planner.
- Communication skills: technical writing/editing/formatting; coordinating and leading public meetings and special events.
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Word – advanced user (styles, formatting large documents for federal contracts); Microsoft Access – intermediate skills (understanding of principles of relational databases, ability to design reports, forms, and advanced queries); also Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, PageMaker, PhotoShop, Illustrator; Corel suite; html/website design/maintenance; limited ArcView GIS.
- Thirteen years in service industry